Updates to both AD Photo Edit and the free AD Account Reset Tool have been released this week to add commonly requested features. Full details below.
The free edition of AD Photo Edit will also be updated soon but for now only the bulk edition has been updated with the following features;
- Improved start up time (no more waiting for the splash screen animation)
- Added /LogResults command line option that causes bulk import results to be written to CSV file in easily readable format (so you no longer need to use the /debug argument and deal with the verbose logging that it provides just to get )
- Option to configure proxy settings for update check
- New installer with digitally signed files
To get the new update, just go to Help –> Check For Updates, from within the AD Photo Edit application.
As for the AD Account Reset Tool, a lot of people were keen to be able to specify settings for this via Group Policy so that they could ensure non-IT staff using the program were using the correct settings. So a Group Policy ADM file can now be used to control all of the settings (other than the credentials used for the AD connection, as that would be a big security issue as Group Policy settings are stored in plain text in the SYSVOL share that all users can read). The ADM file can be download here: http://cjwdev.co.uk/Software/AccountReset/Gpo.html
Other new features in this update include:
- Added an option to specify an OU that usernames should be pre loaded from rather than pre loading every username in the domain in to the drop down list
- Option to force the program to use a specific domain controller for unlocks/resets
- Performance improvements for username pre loading
The new version can be downloaded here: http://cjwdev.co.uk/Software/AccountReset/Download.html
In other news, the CJWDEV website will be getting a complete overhaul within the coming weeks so don’t worry if you notice things start to look a bit different on there soon
Updates for AD Tidy and AD Info are also on their way soon, more details to come shortly.